Monday, November 21, 2016

This is a Part of Me

Hello Everyone,

Something I hear a lot (at least on TV a lot) is "I won’t let this define me" it’s an interesting saying because just by saying it you are letting it define you whatever "it" is. It’s something I used to say too but trying so hard to not let my illnesses define me was just as hard to let them. (I hope that made sense) 

So now I say my illnesses are a part of me. Sometimes they are a small part and sometimes they are a big part. Now I don’t shy away from talking about my illnesses (obviously) if people ask I openly discuss my illnesses. It’s not my favorite part of me but I don’t hate it either like I used to. I don’t wish my illnesses away anymore because I realized something. I wouldn’t be who I am today without going through these things. Who knows who I would be without them?


Because I've been in the hospital for so much of my life I am really into arts and crafts. I jump from craft to craft all the time because when you are in the hospital or in waiting rooms there isn't much you can do with your time. And I don't know if I would be so arty's without my medical problems. 

I'm not saying I'm glad I have them but I am trying to see the better side of things. 

I was bitter and sometimes I still am. I don’t have to be happy 100% of the time. My illnesses have made me truly understand that you don’t know what people are dealing with just by looking at them.

I’m young and I kind of look wild like someone in their early 20's would. But I have three chronic illnesses and many other illnesses besides those three. but I look healthy I put my make up on, get my hair done and go running around but what you can’t see is how much medicine it took for me to leave the house or how I’m struggling to stand up.

I always used the "never judge a book by its cover" but now struggling with chronic illnesses of my own I see people differently and I have a deeper understanding of never judge a book by its cover. I look without judgment you never know what someone is going through or how much pain they are in. I know I never thought I would be this young and in this much pain.

I encourage you to comment to start a conversation. How have your illnesses changed your life for the better or for the worst?

From the girl who has everything, thank you for reading. Please follow and share thank you!


Quote: She’s been through more Hell then you’ll ever know. But, that’s what gives her beauty an edge… You can’t touch a woman who can wear pain like the grandest of diamonds around her neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment