Monday, July 25, 2016

Surgery/ Disaster week

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry it’s been so long since I have written my next post will explain why. But for now let’s move on to the next part of my story
 

Once I got out of slbh it was time to see my doctor about having surgery for my endometriosis. My mom and I though it would take weeks to get in but it so happened that the surgeon had an opening g the upcoming Monday. Less than a week later. It felt like everything was moving so fast less than a week ago I was in a mental hospital and a week later I would be having surgery.

Monday came by very fast; I cleaned my room and did pre surgery shopping to get ready. The surgery went off without a hitch as far as I could tell. My doctor told me that they didn’t find as much as they did in the last surgery. But there was some in there and we would talk more about it later, at my follow up appointment. And then I went home all patched up.

I was in a lot of pain after surgery but it was expected. But as the day went on it seemed like the painkillers weren’t working and my stomach was getting more swollen then the last time I had surgery. But I only had, had the one surgery for this before. I didn’t have much to compare it to.

So I went to bed and I had a hard time sleeping because the painkillers weren’t working and the pain was getting worse and my stomach was swelling so much I couldn’t move. But my mom didn’t think it was getting worse, but I wasn’t convinced. I swear it didn’t hurt nearly this bad and wasn’t this swollen.

My mom then had my step dad come look at me. And we all agreed that it was way more swollen and if it wasn’t better in the morning we would call my doctor and go from there. But we never got to the morning. I couldn’t sleep so I stayed up and watch Netflix. At four am my mom came into check on me.

I was almost crying the painkiller wasn’t working and I was in so much pain I could hardly move. I told my mom I couldn’t wait to call my doctor, I HAD to go to the er right then. It was hard to get out of bed, get dressed, and drive to the er. Everything hurt and I didn’t want to move. It felt like I was dying and with my anxiety I thought I really was dying. I cried what if I was dying and I would never get to see my mom, my fiancé, friends, family and co-workers. I was really worried and I hoped I was wrong, but I didn’t know what was going on with me.

The whole ride to the er was dreadful I could feel every bump in the road and every bump hurt. We got to the er and they had to come help me get into the wheel chair. I was so out of it I didn’t know what was going on. We got into a room, they took my blood but they couldn’t take urine because I couldn’t pee. They decided to put a catheter in me they thought it would bring me some relief and they could get their urine sample. At that point I wanted anything to give me some relief. I felt like a balloon that was ready to pop. My mom had made the comment that I was so swollen I looked 9 month pregnant.

The doctor came in and said that my blood test showed that my kidneys were failing and I might need a kidney transplant immediately. So he decided to do an ultrasound and it showed that my whole body cavity was filled with liquid. But they didn’t know what the liquid was.

He got out a very long needle (like the ones you see on TV.) and with the ultrasound machine he found a good spot to stick almost the whole needle into my stomach. By this time I was on so much morphine I didn’t feel anything. When he pulled the liquid out it was a bright yellow color, it was obviously urine.

The doctor said it wasn’t that my kidneys were failing it was that my kidneys were over working trying to refile all the urine in my body cavity. Because my body cavity was filled with urine my doctor suspected that during my surgery they nicked a whole in my bladder.

They then took me to do a scan to see if there was a hole in my bladder. And even with the morphine it was very uncomfortable. Then they did an x-ray to see if the urine had done any damage to my body cavity or any of my organs.

When the doctor came into show us what he had found. He wanted me to talk with the on call urologist because I did have e a hole in my bladder and he thought would need surgery to repair it. As for the damage the urine had caused in my body cavity it was pretty bad. My stomach had been compressed (which was why I couldn’t eat) and it also collapsed the bottom of both of my lungs (which was why my oxygen was at 75) and my heart had been compressed also. He said if I had waited any longer (like until the morning to call the doctor) I could have died. And that the bottoms of my lungs looked like the ends of balloon animals. It was terrifying. Having my lungs collapsed it was something that I had to work to repair.

When the urologist came in I was scared I had already spent almost all day in the er, I didn’t want to have another surgery. The urologist told us the hole was actually small and didn’t think surgery would be necessary but something did have to be done, because the hole wouldn’t close on its own.

He wanted me to keep the catheter in for at least one month. I was really out of it when this was discussed. But I still knew I would rather have the surgery then be stuck with the catheter for an entire month. No matter how much I tried to argue my mom and the doctors agreed the catheter would stay in and there would be no surgery.

so finally after 15 hours of being in the er I got to go home and I rejoiced I hated watching the friends reruns over and over again all day long.


For a month the catheter stayed in and the hole finally get better. They took the catheter out and I was so happy. And since the I haven’t had any more problems from the surgery.

I’m trying to be more positive in my life. It’s hard having all these chronic illnesses but me not being positive is killing me. The way I act and the way I treat people is not at all like how I used to be. From here on out I will try harder to be positive even with my chronic illnesses

I encourage you to comment, have you had surgery and how was it?

From the girl who has everything,
Thank you for reading and please follow me for more post!


Quote: here’s an optimistic thought, you’re not chronically ill you’re medically interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment